Fourth of July Patriotic Message
Fourth of July Activities That Will Make You Feel Extra Patriotic
You don’t have to go away on an expensive trip just to enjoy the — as long as you’re having fun with your loved ones (and eating good food, of course!), it will be an Independence Day well spent. Celebrate America’s birthday with any of these patriotic activities.
- Watch a local parade. Small towns all over the country have their own 4th of July parades, often right near your neighborhood! Don’t forget to show up in your most festive Independence Day gear.
- Get crafty with the kids. What better way to keep the little ones occupied than with a craft? These easy-to-make flower pots double as 4th of July decor.
- Have a picnic in a park. It’s obvious that spending the 4th of July outdoors is ideal, so why not bring food and drinks to the park for a picnic? You’ll appreciate the change of scenery and get a good meal in, too!
- Make a splash in the pool. Celebrate the fourth while sitting in a pool float with a drink in hand! It’s the perfect way to spend a sunny day with the whole family.
- Get active outdoors. Go for a hike, long walk, or even a family bike ride this Independence Day. Bonus points if you all have red, white, or blue bikes!
- Host a backyard barbecue. Fire up the grill and make it a potluck by getting your guests to bring their favorite side dish or dessert. All you need is a lot of food, a cooler for your drinks, and good company.
- Visit a national monument. What better way to celebrate our country than to immerse yourself in its history? The Liberty Bell, for example, is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and has long represented American independence.
- Light up some sparklers. Sparklers are like a much safer, hand-held version of fireworks. Plus, they make for a great photo op.
- See the fireworks.What would the 4th of July be without any fireworks? Bring a blanket then sit back and relax!